Nutrition Support in Utah
Many of us have veered away from the basic principles of eating that promote optimal health. It doesn’t help that the food chain has changed drastically over the last few decades. Our soils are depleted of nutrients. Animals are farmed differently and medicated with antibiotics and synthetic hormones. It’s often hard to make all of the right choices when it comes to diet. Freedom Healthcare focuses on functional medicine, bioidentical hormone replacement, and diet education. We help you obtain the hormone balance and fundamental nutrients your body needs to function optimally.
Nutrition and Your Health
By establishing a good nutritional foundation, you lay the groundwork for a healthy body and mind. While the Internet is full of every fad diet under the sun, sticking to a few fundamental rules will get you started on the right nutritional path:
- Get enough fiber through a balanced mix of raw vegetables and whole grains.
- Eat not only animal proteins (meat and by-products), but vegetable proteins as well, like edamame and quinoa.
- Eat at least one serving of leafy green vegetables every day.
- Avoid unhealthy fats, and eat the good ones you find in things like avocados and salmon.
- Avoid added sugar and salt and steer clear of foods that contain preservatives.
- In general, avoid restaurants that have a drive-thru. The faster you can get your food, the higher the likelihood that it isn’t fresh.
We could keep going, but that’s a good start.
Sometimes simply watching what you eat isn’t enough. That’s where we come in. Give us a call and take control of your health today.
Functional Medicine: The Building Blocks of Good Health
Functional medicine fills in the gaps where you may not be getting the nutrients or hormones you need. Instead of focusing a treatment plan merely on the symptoms that arise from hormonal and nutritional imbalance, Freedom Healthcare’s functional medicine approach works to heal the issue at its root. Our bodies crave a symbiotic relationship between a proper lifestyle and replacing nutrients and hormones when we lose them. By creating this balance, many problems—such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, arthritis, dementia, and many forms of cancer—can be avoided.